DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, the room i have just moved into is roughly 13 x 13 feet with a bay window aswell! Anyway it was all dark orange colours all around but im in the middle of making it all white to start a fresh! I am thinking white and purple but just wondered what u wud suggest when starting from scratch?

The floor is quite a dark wood as well if that helps! I have put together a design on the computer to see how purple might look!

I have also included the orange original version of the room!

PS. ignore the blown out white colour near the top of the window, i messed up the lighting there :)

Attachments

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
We have one room that is a purple color, a bit lighter then yours
The purple accent walls are nice
BUT - you might want to hold off on painting them white, then trying to cover with purple
Better to use a darker tinted primer (if needed) or go stright to the top coat on top of the orange
Once you paint it white it will be much harder to cover w/purple

What software program did you use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We have one room that is a purple color, a bit lighter then yours
The purple accent walls are nice
BUT - you might want to hold off on painting them white, then trying to cover with purple
Better to use a darker tinted primer (if needed) or go stright to the top coat on top of the orange
Once you paint it white it will be much harder to cover w/purple

What software program did you use?

Ah ha lol well im half way through putting crappy white paint on as a primer for better stuff .. I best hold off with putting more on the coloured walls, cheers for the advice!

The program I am using is 3D Studio Max I sitll need to set the lighting up a bit better but it shows some illumination at least! :p

To be fair I need to make the floor darker as it doesnt reflect the real thing, I will post a revamped version later tonight after I have put another coat on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive made a new version with darker flooring. It is a bit grainy but gives a better reflection on the real thing now. Do you think the dark floor and dark purple are a bit too much?

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what I see, there is lighter purple on the walls and darker over the bad area?
Purple is a color of royalty and my favorite. I think it looks great!
If you are doing white primer, this will pretty much give you an idea how the room would look white. But I rarely, almost never do walls completely white.

·
Do it YourSelf Miss Vicki
10 Posts
I hate to add my two cents and get myself in trouble... :eek: I liked the room better with the lighter floor?!

O.K... This portion is only a Joke...:jester:
If you add some yellow... It would be a Fantastic Minnesota Vikings room?!:thumbup:

Kidding aside... it looks good :notworthy:

Vicki

·
Registered
8 Posts
What color is going on the bed? I think it would be a good idea to go with a light color to separate the dark purple from the dark floor. If you like the color green then a soft sage green would work. Or you can go with a mono-chromatic color scheme and keep the bedding white or ivory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts