DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one bathroom 1925 home needs another bathroom.

I would like to add the bathroom directly above the main sewage line that exits my house from the basement. There is a cleanout installed. Is there an easy fitting that I can add to the cleanout to attach the new drain pipes from the new bathroom, or do I need to have it dug out and get new pipe connection added?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Thats a problem... It looks like its a hole blown through the top of Orange ceramic pipe. Ok for a clean out but not good for a stack drain. Do you have a floor drain close by? It would be easier to break it out and add to if it was close. You need to cut in below the floor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a better photo.
Also I checked the horizontal pipe with a magnet and it did not stick. If I connected into this cleanout would I run the risk of breaking the ceramic pipe over time?

I do have some floor drains, but will have to rethink my bathroom location to figure out how the drain pipes will come down through the first floor.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.