DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked up an 18 volt Black + Decker 2 in 1 cordless stick vac at thrift store for $10 bucks. Its in excellent condition, but as expected for this price, the batteries are not able to hold charge for more than a couple minutes max.

I did a tear down of the unit and found it uses 4 lithium ion batteries with markings lgdahd11865. I assume the "LG" means they are made by LG. Not sure what the "DAHD" means. See pics below.

I need to source replacement batteries but I'm getting mixed results on google search for "lgdahd11865". It appears these are known as "18650" batteries which I believe refers to the form factor (size), not necessarily the amp/hr rating.

Can anyone shed light on what I need to look for?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing these are 3.5-3.7 volt batts. So, 4 of them are only going to yield appx 15 volts, 3 less than the stated voltage of the 18v vacuum. Curiously, the battery pack holder has a space for a 5th battery, which would make it true 18 volts. Alas, B&D only included 4 batteries, so its more like a 14-15 volt vacuum being sold as 18 volts. The battery charger adapter IS listed as 18 volts.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, a quick trip to Batteries Plus and I'm up to speed on these batteries. The 18650 does simply refer to the physical size of the battery. They are all 3.7 volt batteries of various capacities.

So, now that I know all that, I'm just looking for a source for 4-5 of the batteries. I'd prefer "protected" batteries. Batteries Plus has them for $13 bucks a piece. I'd like to find cheaper online but most cheap ones are not protected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.