DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· HVAC Tech/ Browns Fan
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tri- level house and the kitchen sink takes very long time to get hot water to it. I need to see if inline pump will work and what should I get. Note I have electric water heater. I do hate to raise temp on the heater for kids safety. The water is pretty hot already when taking a shower.

· Premium Member
13,079 Posts
I have a tri- level house and the kitchen sink takes very long time to get hot water to it. I need to see if inline pump will work and what should I get. Note I have electric water heater. I do hate to raise temp on the heater for kids safety. The water is pretty hot already when taking a shower.
Google "hot water recirculating pump" There are a few retro pumps that mount under your sink.

Reactions: Tator1076

· Registered
3,474 Posts
how about an under sink heater.
That's what I'd do. In fact, I'm planning to do just that. Like the OP, my kitchen sink is the farthest fixture from the water heater. But our heater is a tankless so a recirc pump won't do any good. My plan is to put a small heater in the crawl space, which is dry, insulated, and has lights and some receptacles. The sink's supply piping is also down there so this should be an easy chore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.