DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
wire brush on a drill to remove any loose paint - one of any good metal primers and then cover coats (probably 2).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wire brush on a drill to remove any loose paint - one of any good metal primers and then cover coats (probably 2).
I've got access to the following tools already:

Makita 5-Inch Disc Sander
Milwaukee Angle Grinder
Milwaukee 18v cordless drill
DeWalt electric drill
Harbor Freight multi-tool
Fuji HVLP

Im looking to save time as the front yard, carport, stair-rail, balcony all need to be re-finished.

Is this going to be trial and error with a mix/match combination of tools to prep this thing?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

Milwaukee Angle Grinder
DeWalt electric drill
Fuji HVLP

Im looking to save time as the front yard, carport, stair-rail, balcony all need to be re-finished.

Is this going to be trial and error with a mix/match combination of tools to prep this thing?
A cup wire brush on the angle grinder would likely be the fastest at paint removal. :)
Also the most likley to bite. :( Be careful when using this.

·
jschaben
588 Posts

Milwaukee Angle Grinder
DeWalt electric drill
Fuji HVLP

Shouldn't be to bad, you've got a pretty decent arsenal. May use the multi-tool in the places the angle grinder can't get to but otherwise, I'd say you're in good shape:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
housepaintingny said:
I like using a grinder to remove loose, flaking paint and rust from metal. I would wash the fence first. Scrape and remove all loose paint, grind rust spots. Prime with Sherwin Williams Kem Bond Oil Primer and then apply two coats of Sherwin Williams Acrylic DTM Semi-Gloss
Thanks for the paint tip, it saved me from asking later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts