DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing 4" recessed cans into my ceiling. The extensions clips that hold it in place won't seem to lock in. Is it the case that the drywall is too thick? That seems odd but it's the only answer I can come up with.

I envisioned the clips to be pretty easy to set and lock, and I've been at this for a half hour and they won't stay.

Any tricks to help me?

· sparky
43 Posts
Make sure there is no insulation or drywall scrap sticking under the clips up there, sometimes they are just a pain. If I am thinking of the clips you are using sometimes they stick into the drywall a bit and a slight "adjustment" bend is necessary. And you know to push them upwards when they are all in, right?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm definitely putting them in the right way, but man they are significantly hard to set. I had to bend the clips outward quite a bit just to get one to stick. Without bending them I'm not even getting close to setting them in there. I have 6 can lights too, so it's not just one situation. The clips have proven to be the hardest part of the installation!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.