DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
You need to talk to a lawyer about this. Hopefully he will be able to recover most of your money from the contractor.

·
Registered
598 Posts
This whole story is really upsetting to me.
It really pisses me off when peopple deal in good faith and get taken advantage of.
If I had known of your situation when I was in Flordia visiting my father I would have DONATED my time and labor to rip it all out and fix it properly.
You should contact the proscuter in your counry and ask their opion,I know Flordia doesn't play games.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This whole story is really upsetting to me.
It really pisses me off when peopple deal in good faith and get taken advantage of.
If I had known of your situation when I was in Flordia visiting my father I would have DONATED my time and labor to rip it all out and fix it properly.
You should contact the proscuter in your counry and ask their opion,I know Flordia doesn't play games.
Thanks I appreciate the gesture and I'm sure that people like you are welcomed in your community!

I'll look into the legality of it but it's been about 3 years, so not sure.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I am sure that there are enough retired people on this forum that share my feeling as well,maybe someone could step up to over see this project for you?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am sure that there are enough retired people on this forum that share my feeling as well,maybe someone could step up to over see this project for you?

I've considered having my wife write a letter to one of the shows on DIY television or Holmes On Holmes, Haha! I doubt I would but I've thought about it.

·
EIT/DIY'er
51 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts