DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This float valve is in the tank for our Flood and drain (Ebb and Flow) greenhouse table system.

As the float rises it pushes in a small pieces of plastic. When the the plastic piece closes, it builds pressure in a small hose which then goes to what I believe is a pressure regulator with solenoid.

The float arm broke and I wanted to know the correct terminology for this type of float valve.

Bottom part in this photo

Float arm assembly (notice plastic break in pivot)

Float arm

The water is coming out of the port that would close when float valve is up

·
Naildriver
16,943 Posts
I would change the system to use a floating proximity switch rather than a mechanical arm. The prox switch just floats on the water, and when the water reaches a prescribed level point, it shuts off the pump, or water flow. Is your in flow natural, or is it pumped in?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I suspect that is some kind of valve that regulates water volume (as opposed to pressure). It is probably some kind of ball cock valve but doubt you will able find replacement or float replacement.

You could try repairing with CA glue (cyanoacrylate) glue. It may bond or it may not. Use the thick viscosity. Put a small amount on one part then put the two parts together. Clamp and let dry, probably 30 minutes.

Be careful and don't glue your fingers together. Be prepared, have your work area clear with something for excess glue to drop to. Put the two parts together dry and figure out how you will clamp and where your are going to lay it to dry.
Then apply the glue and clamp.

Acetone is solvent for CA glue.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Doubt you will find replacement pieces for that valve. Just replace the whole valve. Looks like some sort of bulkhead mounted float valve. Just google "float valve" Very common.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.