DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of changing my thermostat to a VisionPro TH8100U. My system is a 1 heat, 1 cool heat pump system and the fan has 3 different speed settings (hi, med, low). The current wiring coming from the heat pump has 6 wires (Red, Black (120v), Blue, Brown, Orange and Yellow) and are connected to the same coloured wires coming off the original thermostat. From what I can tell from the wiring diagram on the heat pump - red, black, blue and brown go to the motor and yellow and orange go to the valve.

My question is what terminals do I hook these 6 wires up to the new stat?

Thanks for any help

·
AKA HVACTECHFW
2,426 Posts
what do you use for back up heat? What were the wires hooked to on the old stat? What model was the old stat? NO thermostat wires should be 120V! Fan has 3 speeds? Were they selectable from the old stat or already setup for heating vs cooling? Pictures will help tremendously!

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
Doesn't anyone read the directions that come with the thermostat anymore. As for the OP, honeywell.com has a help walk through on their website, along with the manual. You will need the installer directions to finish the install, because you just can't hook this toy up and let go, there is some programming to do, to make it work properly.

·
Administrator
41,822 Posts
Post the brand and model number of your heat pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts