DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone has anyone ever installed dishwasher end panel on laminate floor if so how was it done ? Since floor expands and contracts is it ok to nail down on to the floor ?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I wouldn't recommend attaching it to the flooring.

It should be stable enough attached to the back wall and to the countertop. If you find it doesn't, you could add a (removable) strut across the front on the bottom.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Might add a stile on the back wall so the end panel would be attached in several places and then attach it to the counter top on the outer end. Should be pretty stable.

·
retired framer
44,231 Posts
does the dishwasher have side screws?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I nail a cleat to the floor and put a few nails through the side to the cleat. The floor can still move at the walls. Anchoring one place doesn’t hurt anything.

Reactions: XSleeper

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Laminate flooring could have gone around the cabinets. Not cabinets on top of the flooring. Cabinets can sit on a 3/8 ply shim if its level. Or they just sit on the subfloor and get shimmed up as needed if it's out of level.

·
retired framer
44,231 Posts
Normally you would add a little angle bracket and if someone happens to hit the bottom with a heavy foot, the screw never holds it.
If you don't screw it down the counter may be heavy enough to hold it in place and then it will move with the floor anyway.

·
Naildriver
12,107 Posts
I agree with using an angle bracket on the inside. Over drill a hole before you install your fastener to allow for floor movement. Is that "laminate" or LVP?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I agree with using an angle bracket on the inside. Over drill a hole before you install your fastener to allow for floor movement.
If you overdrill the hole (1" hole in laminate), and add a stack of washers on the screw into the floor as spacers to get the bracket above the floor, that should work.

I wouldn't think it would be necessary if you have a cleats to attach it to the countertop and the back of the cabinet, but if you feel you need it, it's good option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts