DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got this house after my deployment well tonight we were laying in bed with a fan running and it turned off well i went checked breaker breaker not tripped also the same breaker is running my bedroom hallway and bathroom how hard would it be to make them seperate would i have to rerun all the wires or what this my first electrical on a house. i cant afford a electrician just had to get heat pump fixed

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
Can also be a problem with the fan overheating. What is the age of the house, and if you can find the manufacturer info inside the housing, there should be a date stamp, along with serial number, which you can use at the manufacturer site to find out the age, if the date stamp is not there.

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
What do you mean by plugged in? Is this a portable fan unit, or a ceiling mounted unit? I am thinking noise, so try the Ferret cores to see if that stops it. Also again, how old are the smoke detectors? If they are the particle, not photo electric type, I would change them out, regardless of the age.

·
UAW SKILLED TRADES
5,341 Posts
well it a newer fan i pluged it in a other room and works great well last night middle of night it just came on the lights in my bedroom and hall
Follow Joeds advice you very likely may have a bad connection to a receptacle. Are you comfortable with working on electric. It would be a good idea to learn how to use a voltage tester they are inexpensive but a necessary tool.

Your description sounds like your fan stopped and also more of the circuit went down besides the receptacle the fan was plugged into.

Can you give a few more details?

I wouldn't work on anything till we can determine if you should be doing anything without a knowledgable person assiting you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is a plug in fan i checked the voltage to the breaker and it was a bad breaker that went out i got get house rewired it is over loaded 100 amp panel 3 rooms on one breaker but thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.