DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
First Home N00b
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two small hose extensions, which, even with plenty of slack bend in the heat and kink (probably due to the economy brand hose). Does anyone know where i can get these coiled sections (picture one) I have at the end of other hose connections to add to my two issue areas to help maintain a slight bend in the hose end without a full kink?

·
Super Moderator
7,799 Posts
Another work around is just get the heavy duty spring and put it on the part of the hose where you need it. Available at any big box or hardware store in the hardware dept. They sell them in all sizes.

·
First Home N00b
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about you cut the pvc pipe use a ninety degree elbow then attach your hose, you avoid looping the hose.
You must be some kind of savant or something. Before I even saw this response, the project was already finished exactly like you described. I originally installed all the ends 8"+ above ground so any damage from a lawnmower or other tool would allow me plenty of room to cut clean, union, and repair. I quickly realized any damage would likely occur at ground level and I'd be digging into the ground to make the union and repair.

Here is what I accomplished today, complete with grass-matched spray paint.

The phone makes the color look odd, but in reality it looks identical to the grass around it - I hope in a few months when the grass grows back in lush from the trenching damage, they are hardly seen. The kinking issue is solved, completely. My wife is absolutely ecstatic that these eyesores are no longer so protruding or white (on the one in the center of the lawn, I left the cap we will use when not in use white so as to make it obvious to lawnmower operator. No leaks + happy wife is a win of epic proportions for me. Thanks to all who contributed good ideas and resources.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.