DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm in need of some help. I'm renting a condo in a mid rise building and I there was some water damage (my fault) to the floors. The wood panels appear to be solid wood. They are very thin. About 1/8th inch I believe. The width is 4 inches. There are no tongue and grooves. Straight edge and they appear to have been glued to the sub floor. I'll need 4-5 planks to replace whats damaged. Looks oak. Any ideas on who would sell this? Everything I've seen at Home Depot does not fit. I'm not sure how old it is. Maybe 10-15 years old.

Any suggestions on where to get replacement planks?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
If you have floor registers you can lift, you can see the flooring on edge and get a better idea of what the substrate is, the total thickness, and the thickness of the top real wood finish layer. That's a start to finding replacement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've removed a couple of the planks. They are 4 inches wide by 18 long. 1/8th inch thickness. They were glued down. I cant find anywhere online that sells something close to that.

·
Registered
37,178 Posts
Time to call in a real flooring company for the repairs.
No pictures of what need's to be fixed, there is no solid wood flooring only 1/8" thick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The wood veneer on top of a laminate floor is often only 1/8" thick. Is that 1/8th" wood glued to wood underneath it? And what's under that. You probably have a normal floating laminate floor 5/8ths inch thick.:smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts