DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a speakman wall mount tub faucet with a center waste handle. Waste handle and locknut were the only original hardware, but I managed to find hot and cold handles and escutcheons. Problem is I don't know what valve assemblies I need. All 3 handles have 3/8" square openings, but the valves that were in place were American Standard according to a local plumbing supply. I really need help, does anyone have this faucet or know any information on what I need?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now I can't upload my jpegs, they're too big apparently. Please reply if you think you may be able to help. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speakman Tub Waste/ handle Valve

I have a old house with a bathroom equipped with Speakman Tub fixtures like your 1925 Speakman. Over the years I have had the the Speakman hot/cold valves repaired and been able to keep the old handles and historic look. Current problem is with the drain or waste handle. The handle no longer stays in the open position. The part that held the mechanism open appears to have broken or fallen off. Do you have any suggestions as to what the part looks like and if a replacement can be found ? (Our current plumber wants to replace everything with new parts without ceramic handles, so that is not a good option.) Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
37,409 Posts
Trying to fix a 89 year old faucet, time to replace with a new one you can find parts for.

·
retired elect/hvac/plumb
2,921 Posts
Check your phone book to see if you have a local salvage dealer that demos old houses/buildings.
A lot of those places have boxes of old stuff collecting dust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts