DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on installing talvera tiles in my front porch and was wondering if its needed to be pre sealed or not. I tried contacting the manufacturer but as of now I haven’t heard from them. Based on various posts on the internet I have come to the conclusion to go with the following steps:
a) Once I receive the tiles I will soak them through the Miracle Sealants
b) Right before installation I am not sure if I should soak in water or not? I am not sure about this step yet.
c) Once everything is completed including grout I should apply same sealant again.

Link to tiles: https://www.wayfair.com/home-improv...talavera-decorative-accent-tile-ruts1104.html

Please advise.

Thanks

·
Naildriver
17,037 Posts
Is the decorative part fired into the glaze? If so, and it is ceramic, I see no need for "Miracle Sealants" prior to installation. Have you installed your 1/4" cbu if it is a wood floor? If it is concrete, disregard.

What is your location? Do you have extremes in temperatures? Salt spray? Filling out your profile will help us know how to give better advice.

Reactions: jfloor

·
Naildriver
17,037 Posts
Good choices. Maybe not California, but hey :eek: I still don't think you will have to do any prep work with the tiles, after reading their spec sheet. It's just ceramic tile. Sealing the grout after installation is always a good idea, especially outdoors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.