DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am remodeling a bathroom that has a showerhead, pressure balance valve, and tub spout with diverter. I would like to replace this setup with a new showerhead, pressure balance valve with bath/shower diverter, and tub spout. My question is what plumbing rough-in modifications are required (if any) to relocate the diverter from the tub spout to the pressure balance valve? I have included sample before and after pictures to depict the existing and desired location of the diverter.

For example, do I need to install a pressure balance rough-in valve with built-in mechanical diverter? And if so, is there an existing tub rough-in valve with mechanical diverter that needs to be removed and replace with something different?

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Post a link to the installation instructions for that unit.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
If you move the diverter from the tub spout to the valve, you need a valve with a built in diverter and a spout without the diverter. Nothing out of the ordinary.

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
I looked up that brand---standard installation---

However, where will you be able to find parts for that ?

Shower mixers need servicing in 5 to 10 years---can you find parts locally now? In 5 to 10 years?

Not wise to use a nonrepairable unit----check with your plumbing supply house about parts----

1 - 4 of 4 Posts