DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20180822_113817(0).jpg

20180822_114053.jpg

After replacing the brushes on my B&D LE750 Type I Edge Hog, I discovered that I could not re-connect the power lead to the trigger switch. An inspection showed that the tiny metal angled bar, that passively grips an inserted wire to prevent it from falling or pulling out, is no longer there or has been pushed out of sight when I removed the wire during the repair process. Either way, I can no longer find any way for the inserted wire to make a solid connection and stay in there. The switch is no longer available, so I need to jury-rig a clever way to make the connection. :glasses:

·
retired framer
46,902 Posts
Upgrade the handle to a new model that does have parts available.?????

·
Naildriver
12,789 Posts
Each of those holes should have holding capability of the wire. If one fails, try another one. If all fail, it's time to buy a new switch, which you can probably get at ereplacementparts.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Larry, you're right about what those holes should be capable of... but of the four holes you can see on the right side of the trigger, none of them have the little metal flanges inside (that the left-side holes have) to hold the wire. And I have been unable to locate a replacement trigger anywhere I've looked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts