DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remodeling a bath that is quite old and replacing toilet. For new toilet need to move the supply line feed/valve to the left by 3 or 4 inches. See pic. Currently, stub is 1/2" copper coming out of wall using a 1/2" nominal compression fitting valve. I want to remove that compression fitting valve, replace with a 1/2" compression fitting elbow that turns to the left and attaches to 2-4" nipple pipe and then to a new right angle valve to feed the new toilet. I can't sweat a new elbow onto the 1/2' copper stub coming out of the wall given no room to avoid a fire from the sweating. I'm having a problem finding a 1/2" nominal compression fitting with elbow that has either a 1/2" MIP/FIP or 3/8" MIP/FIP on other end of the elbow. Hopefully, all that makes some sense. Let me know if you know of a source for what I'm looking for or other solutions to get to where I need to get to under the circumstances.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,460 Posts
#1, Why does it need to be moved and not just add a longer supply line.?
#2, As bad as that wall looks and needs some work anyway cutting out the sheet rock and relocating the line behind the sheet rock should not be an issue if it really needs to be moved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1, Why does it need to be moved and not just add a longer supply line.?
#2, As bad as that wall looks and needs some work anyway cutting out the sheet rock and relocating the line behind the sheet rock should not be an issue if it really needs to be moved.
Thanks. Indeed, it is in rough shape behind the toilet, but cleaning that up; prefer not to rip out sheetrock, etc. The new toilet is a Kohler skirtless and need to get the valve out from behind the skrt so it can be accessed to turn off if needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.