DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a small drain on a back walkway that has some cracking and broken up concrete around it. At least I think it's concrete. I'm not too familiar with this stuff. But it looks like asphalt and concrete was poured around the drain a long time ago as it deteriorated. My question is. Is this concrete. And what is the best way to repair this hole without having to Rio apart the whole thing. Would like it to have that uniform black look. Any advice or products would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt Tar
Road surface Asphalt Tar Geological phenomenon City
Road surface Asphalt Tar Geological phenomenon City

Attachments

·
Naildriver
16,927 Posts
The black looks to be asphalt seal coating. It is only superficial. It appears your concrete is spalling and it needs to be chiseled up and cleaned around the drain. Someone made some very thin repairs, and that's not the way you make them. I'm not sure of the type of drain you have, but extending it 1/2" then packing in bagged asphalt may give you the result you are looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.