DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I need a 240v plug installed in my garage. I do not have a panel in my garage. I only have a box on the outside away from my specific garage, it’s a trio garage. Would this be possible or am I out of luck? View attachment 673453 Theoutlet is for a welder. An Everlast powertig 255ext.
Go to your main panel and see if there is a 240 or 120 breaker controlling that sub-panel. If you have a 240 breaker, you then want to be concerned about the wire size, if it will take the load of the welder.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Take one screw out of the bottom of the plate, open it up and post a picture of the inside of the box. Gee, with all the speculation, I would have figured someone would have asked for one by now.
Actually the OP has confessed his lack of electrical knowledge, so he shouldn't be opening any boxes. If he can't determine what is feeding this panel by looking for a sub-panel breakers, he needs a on sight electrician. There is so many questions about voltage, amperage, wire size, neutral, ground and outlet configuration, he needs a electrician.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts