DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
That's not your main panel from which you would run a 240v circuit from. It all depends where your main panel is, if it has capacity, if it's accessible, and able to run a new circuit from there to the place you want. There's no way to tell if it's possible or not.

·
Registered
697 Posts
When I see 2x 2pole square D breakers I assume they are fed with 240V. It would be a rare occurrence that they are not. How often do you see a panel fed with 120V?

And the fact that there would be no real point to putting breakers in that were the same size as the supply leads me to think the supply might be bigger.
as someone else pointed out there’s a photocell on the box and a line leading underground which would lead one to believe it’s feeding some kind of outdoor lights, on 2 - 120v circuits. Why in the world would someone run 220v line just to split it into two 120v lines to run some outdoor lights? If it was a hot tub and required a 220v breaker then yes, but in this case there’s no reason to put a 220v breaker in the main panel just to split it for some outdoor lights. Regardless there not going to be enough power in that box to run a 30-50amp welding machine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts