DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys;
I just installed a new faucet on my kitchen sink.
In the cold water line, I have a 3/8 compression tee to connect the water filtration system.
The fitting I used is just a simple 3/8 x 3, but I would like to eliminate the short piece of tubing and go directly from the 1/2 NPT coming out of the stop valve to 2x 3/8 Compression.
I looked online and at my local DIY store, but was unable to find what I am looking for.
Does such an animal exist?

Here is a photo of the configuration (taken a week before I installed the new faucet). I did not change this when I installed the new faucet.

Thanks for your help

Ultrarunner

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Something like this exists, and it will replace the shut off valve you have on the supply pipe.
It's a 3 way angle stop with 1/2" female iron inlet x 3/8" compression x 3/8" compression.
Cost about $10 - $12.
To install it:
1. Turn the house main valve off.
2. Disconnect the cold water leads to the faucet and filter.
3. Remove the ball shut off valve from the supply pipe.
4. Install the new 2 way angle stop on the supply valve.
5. Install the flex from the faucet and the filter to the 2 compression outlets.
6. Turn the water on and check for leaks.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's this? Connect to the valve and branch off to the sink and filter.
I must have been looking right at it the other day, but missed it. I think I may have been looking for one with a 1/2 male NPT on one end.
I'll make a run to HD tomorrow to pick it up.
I would also like to add a 'shield' in front of the stop valves to prevent the pull-down weight from snagging on the handle.
I had that problem with the old faucet, but maybe not so much with the new. I'd have to try pulling the spray head down several times to see if it snags.
I would also like to create a loop in the long tubing from the faucet, but when I was installing, it seemed that there wasn't enough to create a loop with a radius I felt comfortable with. I didn't want to make it too tight. Currently, the tubes curve out in one direction then return to the stop valves. I guess that's OK, but it doesn't look great.
When I was attaching the tubing to the compression fittings, the whole tube wanted to twist as I was tightening the nut. It was hard to hold onto. Perhaps there is a tool for that?
I will add another photo of the new install in the morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts