DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a loft where I did most of my movie watching, of course when the wife was downstairs watching her reality shows I would constantly hear "turn it down". I finally decided to wall off the loft and make it my own movie room. The room itself is 12 by 15, small for a home theater area, but I tried to make it as best I could and also didn't want to make it permanent in case we ever decide to sell. I also left the carpet since we plan on doing the whole upstairs with something nicer later.

What I was starting with:

Rear speaker stands:

Final rear mockup before I transfer design to plexiglass

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks messy here, but I did clean it up

Almost done

Lighting test

and thats all I have for now, I need to take some more with a nicer camera someday. I think in my spare time eves&weekends it took me about six months, got it done in time for superbowl though!! If you have any questions or anything just ask.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Wow, very impressive! I like the dark red and black look you got going on there. Is that plexi-glass or actual glass on the surround sound speakers stands? The surround speakers just seem to be a little too high for someone who would be sitting in the couch there watching a movie, normally they are just a little bit higher than the back of the couch. But looks great! I like how you concealed the front speakers behind the what look to be custom speaker grilles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.