DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!! my house and garage were built on clay. The low income house next to mine had its basement and foundation fixed by the government. What can i do to fix this for low cost?

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
1st off, it would probably be more helpful IF you posted a description of your problem,,, adding a location's often helpful, too,,, some responders will not care who your next-door neighbor is :whistling2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I live in Minnesota. Rosemount to be specific. The problem is that my foundation at lead in my garage which isn't attached.is cracking really bad. I was told to use the foundation fillers but I'm hesitant to try anything like that

·
Civil Engineer
5,832 Posts
I don't understand your post. Are you looking for advice on how to get a government handout to fix your foundation? Or are you looking for advice on how you can fix your foundation?

I have no idea how you can get a government handout. If you are looking for suggestions on how you can fix your foundation, you need to post some pictures, and include a full, detailed, accurate description of what the problem is, why you think it is occurring, and what type of solution you are looking at. So for example, have you made any measurements, are there any visible cracks, is the floor out of level etc. You say the foundation is on clay, how do you know this, and why do you think that is a problem?

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
' my foundation at lead in my garage which isn't attached.is cracking really bad. I was told to use the foun ' - what does this mean in simple american english ? ? ?

pricing depends on several factors - time of year, day of week, cash/check/credit card, & whether or not contractor has a boat pymt to make :laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts