DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a new standard size standing fridge, just a fridge. But even with it full with food I can't seem to stop it from sliding or jiggling on our tiled floor. I know this isn't good for the fridges life span so I need to know what type of mat should I invest my money in to prevent it from moving so much. I know it should be non-slip of course but I do an online search and I simply don't know what to get. It has to be no less than 60x60cm to cover the dimensions of the fridge itself.

The sad part is we lost one of the rubber bottoms to the front right side on arrival when moving it into place. This may be why it jiggles a bit, but maybe I thought if I bought a this non-slip rubber mat it would stay still.

Help please!! I live in the UK so UK based products would be most grateful or preferred.

Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
Does the unit have leveling screws built into the feet? They should be screwed down enough that they press hard against the floor and the unit should not move.

Reactions: taylorjm

·
Registered
442 Posts
You don't need a mat to cover the whole bottom of the fridge, you only need it to cover the corner with the high foot.
True that would work, but I'm more concerned that the unit is leveled. Unless the floor itself is not level or has a depression in that particular spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.