DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After 10 years, my Bryant Evolution Plus 95i was shut down due to heat exchanger failure. I had it replaced by a HVAC Co. After the replacement it seemed work well when the tech was at the site. But after the house temperature reached the thermostat number, the durance stopped running and would not restart.

The error code is 31.

If I manually turned off the power then on, the furnace would start working as usually.

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

YJ

·
flipping slumlord
5,116 Posts
The error code is 31....If I manually turned off the power then on, the furnace would start working as usually. ...any thoughts?
Assuming that everything else related to the equipment and installation
(venting, level, etc) haven't changed since it was working for 10 or more years...
you're left with the control board.

·
Registered
14,328 Posts
google says this is a pressure switch error, u can double check by checking the schematic.

Can be caused by blocked venting, pressure switch tubes with blockages, inducer issue (could even be that it's not making a proper seal and drawing air from around it rather than heat exchanger), condensate not draining.

Call them back. The pressure the switch is sensing can be measured to verify the switch is doing it's job and hasn't failed.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
I’d have the repair company come back and look into it.
There’s a very good chance the heat exchanger and pressure switch issue are related.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all to reply.

My HVAC tech was back and he found one of the pressure switches was bad.

Wi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts