DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wallbash: Hi, ok I have an ac unit I don't know what it is. Model number H2RA030S06A. When the fan is on it does not heat up, but when I put the AC on the outside unit gets hot the fan isn't running I just hear a buzzing. The freon was changed about 3 months ago and it was cleaned out. Anyone have any idea what it could be? No cold air means miserable family. :sweatdrop: :pinch:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad fan motor bearing in the outside condenser. Not sure what the actual repair cost was as I paid a $50 deductable and home owners insurance covered the rest. You might try spinning the fan blade manually using a thin stick between the grates !!!MAKE SURE THE POWER IS OFF FIRST!!!. If it spins freely, this is probably not the problem.

·
Administrator
42,437 Posts
I didn't read anything about whether the compressor is running, so is it?
It could be just a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
The outside unit wouldn't get hot when he turns on the A/C, if the compressor wasn't running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your right Beenthere, I had a brain fart, just woke, i missed that line pick an excuse :huh:.
SRIF- could be bad motor, bad capacitor.
I found out what is was the fan blew..... Jake and I are trying so hard to get this old house fixed up ;...; so many problems so little money lol.... thank you all for your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.