DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a two story home on a slab foundation. In my dining room I've been smelling a musty odor which i thought was coming from the padding under the carpet b/c it was stronger when I pulled the carpet back, so I took the carpet and padding up and threw it out because i'm going to put down laminate flooring but the smell is still there. It smells worse by the exterior wall, on the outside of that wall is the ac unit. I don't know where the smell is coming from but i'd like to find out where or what it is before i lay more flooring on top of a problem. After some light investigating the outside around the same area seems to stay pretty damp but like i said before i'm on a slab that seems to be high enough off the ground. The foundation on the inside does have some cracks in it around the exterior wall. I hope I've did a good job of describing the problem any help is very appreciative. Thanks in advance. Is that smell mold if so how do I get rid of it? Thanks again.

·
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT
1,543 Posts
you said your AC unit is on the other side of the wall ! Doe the line set enter the wall around the same location and is the electrical disconnect mounted on the wall near the musty smell?
IT would be better to post a picture of the outside area. BOB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts