DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I haven't worked with all brands. I'd like to have "basics" parts like: contactor, capacitor, relay, sequencer etc

Please let me know the parts I most have.

Thanks Y'all
JJ

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any one? yuri, beenthere......

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Furnace blower motors- 1/6th to 1/2 HP universal in 208/230 and 120V(one each)
condensor fan motor universal (1/6th-1/3rd HP) one 1075 rpm and one 850 rpm
Capacitors o plenty
TXV's -I carry 4 sizes for R22 and 4 sizes for 410A
Filters- a variety of sizes
a 5-2-1 hard start
PVC and fittings for condensate
thermostats-programable and non for AC and heat pumps
R22 and R410A
Contactors
That will cover most residential problems in the cooling season.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Depends on your local market and what size of units and brands are most common. Marty gave you a good start.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Add a torsion band to the stock. That's not a complete list by any means but I'll use 3-4 of those items every day. Having them on the truck means running an extra 3 calls a day instead of getting parts.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
A 3/4" step drill bit is very useful. Ram that sucker thru and insert your camera. Google step drill bit.

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
5,884 Posts
My two cents: get those caps in 440 volt as you can always go up in voltage but not down.

Example, if you come across a 65/5 440 volt cap that is bad on a job and you have a 65/5 370 volt cap you can not use it.

The other way around and no worries, if it's a 370 that is bad you can permanently stick in a 440.

I only carry 440's.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A 3/4" step drill bit is very useful. Ram that sucker thru and insert your camera. Google step drill bit.
I totally forgot about step drill. Do you know the name of the black cover for the hole?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My two cents: get those caps in 440 volt as you can always go up in voltage but not down.

Example, if you come across a 65/5 440 volt cap that is bad on a job and you have a 65/5 370 volt cap you can not use it.

The other way around and no worries, if it's a 370 that is bad you can permanently stick in a 440.

I only carry 440's.
Great idea Doc. I just to need find out a good capacitors range. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Keep your terminal box stocked up....double spades, compressor flags, butt splices....also keep a good supply of big blue wire nuts. I replace a lot of those during heating season. Sequencers, contactors, fan relays (the Dico switching relay will work in most applications) and every dual cap combo from 25/5 up to 50/5 should be there, as well as a couple of hard starts. Thermostats, limit switches, fusible links, transformers.......there's no such thing as having too many parts! I also keep a bunch of schraeder valves and caps on hand at all times.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, now I just need to find a safe location to drill. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts