DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

murray riding mower carburator?

4K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  bob22 
#1 ·
anyone know where to find a rebuild kit or how to find a replacement carburetor for this riding mower? Its a mower from 2005 in good condition just 3 months ago it started sputtering while i was about thru a 1/4 acre of cutting my lawn. I had cut it off. Pulled the carburetor off and cleaned the small needle holes in the jet as well as bowl didnt solve anything. I attached model pictures with model number. Ebay has a new carb for 17$ but there is one letter different in the carburetor being sold the seller told me he was positive it wouldnt work theyre the same but xxxxB xxxx my model doesnt have the same B at the end of the model number. Anyone know where to find a new cheap replacement? WHen i jump start it now it starts for just a second and dies right away like its not getting fuel. I changed the fuel filter and blew thru the line to make sure it was clear and not clogged up.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks like what you have there is the mower model number. You need to search by engine model number which is usually engraved on the engine or on a plate attached to it. Once you have that you can search Amazon or other small engine parts suppliers like ereplacementparts.com, partselect.com, repairclinic.com, jackssmallengines.com or rcpw.com for what you need.

#25 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
Good news is there is a number on the carb, bad news is it may have to come off to find it. If you get the number and search on amazon, there is a very good chance you will find a replacement. I've bought three for small engines on amazon in the last couple months. Average price was 11.00 USD

#6 ·
When you removed fuel shutoff solenoid, did you make sure the plunger was going in and out when you turned the ignition switch on and off? Did you clean or replace the fuel filter? You check the spark plug, see if there is spark when you crank it over. Is the choke and throttle control wire working? The air cleaned clean and not saturated with oil?
You may need some carburetor cleaner and spray the carb jets and clean the carb bowl. With the air cleaner remover, spray carb cleaner in the air intake while you are cranking it over. this may loosen up the choke and throttle plates if they are sticking closed.
This is some basic things you may have already done, but should be done before starting to replace things.

#7 ·
I put the mower up since ive had it 2005 bought new from december to january mid february for a couple months during the winter here in texas. I was cutting the grass just 3 months ago usually does this when running out of gas started sputtering would have to turn the blades off and the throttle down at full throttle would maybe cause the lawnmower to cut off but would stay sputtering running at low throttle. I changed the filter made sure the tank wasnt blocked up. Finished the yard with the pushmower. I pulled it back out and the lawnmower starts for maybe just a second and dies right away as if there wasnt a carburetor or getting fuel. I attached photos of the carb but i cant find any numbers on it can anyone tell me where the carburetor numbers are to be specific. I found theyre about 15$ on amazon or ebay for the correct carburetor if only i could find the exact replacement.

Attachments

#8 ·
The fuel or throttle was working when i was using it 3 months ago like i said i had to lower the throttle and turn the blades off just to keep the mower running. At higher throttle or a load im guessing not enough fuel or would shut the mower off.

#15 ·
#17 ·
anyone know where to find the cheapest replacement and a direct fit working carb for this? 696353 nikki i seen some for 15$ any 696353 carb advertised will work or direct fit or are some different with the choke tower plates on the top even with the same part number or being a replacement for that specific part number? some say for 10hp engines

#24 ·
If you are talking about the fuel solenoid, yes I think it does make a difference. The solenoids I found on the internet, have what looks like a keyed connection. I know one I worked on the other day had a bump on the male connection to hold it in place in the solenoid.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.