DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Big Dog
3,139 Posts
anyone know where to find the cheapest replacement and a direct fit working carb for this? 696353 nikki i seen some for 15$ any 696353 carb advertised will work or direct fit or are some different with the choke tower plates on the top even with the same part number or being a replacement for that specific part number? some say for 10hp engines
I provided a number of small engine parts suppliers in my earlier post.

Reactions: Mike Milam

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I provided a number of small engine parts suppliers in my earlier post.
i contacted one of the ones with the exact same part number on the top of the carb and sent pictures they told me " sorry yours is little different from ours". I did find one carb for 15$ that looked the same and had the same engine tag numbers and ordered that one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I noticed when i unplugged the wire to the carburetor it can go back on either way does orientation matter?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I noticed when i unplugged the wire to the carburetor it can go back on either way does orientation matter?
If you are talking about the fuel solenoid, yes I think it does make a difference. The solenoids I found on the internet, have what looks like a keyed connection. I know one I worked on the other day had a bump on the male connection to hold it in place in the solenoid.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got the one for my engine sticker for 15$ off ebay. The fuel line was deteriorated off the tank to the filter so it could have been either i bought 1ft of 1/4" hose from autozone plus the hose that came with carb if fired up like charm with the new carb. thanks guys

21 - 26 of 26 Posts