DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My longtime boyfriend and I recently moved to a new city, downsizing from our previous home of 3500 sq ft to about 1200 sq ft. We're currently renting until the market becomes a little more stable and then we plan to buy. We already have a Murphy bed, which used to be in one of our many guest rooms, now we have one spare room. I opted against putting the Murphy bed in there in hope to put it down stairs in the main room. I've seen people put a Murphy bed in their main room, but I feel like it looks a little tacky. I have one wall that's behind the sofas and tv area in which I think it will look really great. I just thought I would get some other opinions.

This is the Murphy bed we purchased about a year ago, its white though.

Does anyone think its a bad idea? My boyfriend thinks I should give up my only personal space in the spare room and put the Murphy bed in there, but I would rather not.

Any thoughts would help. It would settle our domestic dispute.

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
I see nothing wrong with it at all. It looks very similar to many entertainment centers, enclosed bookcases, and secretary cabinets so it's not like it jumps out and says "this is a bed"

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is an article on murphy beds in Fne Homebuilding this month. May be worth checking out, but I noticed it's $7.99. Ouch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thanks for all of the responses. I think I won the argument and we'll be putting up the Murphy bed in our main room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts