DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
uva uvam vivendo variafit
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old/useless/crappy multimeter and I am looking to buy a new one. Flukes are nice, but they cost a bundle. Mostly I would be checking the typical things (continuity, resistance/impedance, voltage, current). Any thoughts?

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, yes....the search function...heard about that one time....:oops:

I don't know why I didn't think about that...rookie mistake

thanks for the link

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
5,884 Posts
If you are not needing temperature readings than high end (tons of functions) Fieldpiece is probably not the way to go but you might want to check out their website anyways to get a feel for their meters.

For regular old resistance and amps and continuity and voltage you can't beat the Fluke T (T-600 and T-1000) series. Relatively inexpensive ($50-ish?, that's a guess) and you can play baseball in the major leagues with that thing and it will still work.

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought a Fluke T-5 1000. I'll try it out this weekend. It was about $100 and that's no bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You got a good deal on the 1000 they're usually around 150. I have the 600 and the 1000, though I dont ever have much need for the 1000. Overall it's one of my best and favorite meters. I also carry a couple greenlee dm-40's on me, they're relatively cheap, nice small form factor, and handle lower dc voltage as well so i keep one in the car for troubleshooting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts