DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to drywall ceiling in bathroom, so moving pull chain light/junction box to side with acoustic tile. Not sure why they did it this way in the first place, but its wired from upstairs lights and located on basement. I got rid of light and bought a metal octagon box with cover. Look like enough room to attach to floor joist just outside of wall?

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Why would you want to keep it at all? Looks like it is the last in line. You cannot have a junction box that is not readily accessible.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
It can go almost anywhere as long as there is access without doing demo to get to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would you want to keep it at all? Looks like it is the last in line. You cannot have a junction box that is not readily accessible.
It did have a line coming out going to an outlet in the bathroom. Which was nice one I killed power to be able to plug a light in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It can go almost anywhere as long as there is access without doing demo to get to it.
I moved it just outside the wall, just dont like how they ran water lines and other electrical. I told light out and used a metal box, still going to run it to outlet, so I have power when I turn off electric for other work in basement. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts