DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NCmeasure2x
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good plan for me to relocate wall backsplash outlets to a power strip under the cabinents? Wife wantss a clean look with the upcoming tile job and asked me to get rid of outlets in the middle of wall. I was looking at the Legend.com Adorne line of interchangable power strips but would like to save on costs instead.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think code says no more than 20 inches up the wall and you must have outlets no more than 4' apart and every place where there is a counter top of 12" or more, you need an outlet, and GFCI protected of course. They can not be facing up as if they were installed on the counter top. I believe it is probably OK facing down as you plan, but I don't know the code for in the cabinets. If it is OK, you will need boxes and conduit I think.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
What good would a power strip do you? There must be an outlet at least every 4 feet. And it would seem to me very inconvenient to have to look up under the cabinet for an outlet every time you want to plug something in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.