DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Move Diverter Valve from Handle to Spout

5012 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  AllanJ
My current single handle tub/shower faucet has the diverter located below the handle, through the back plate.

The new trim kit I'd like to buy has the diverter in the spout.

Can I set the diverter position to the tub, remove the existing knob and plug the hole with a brass threaded plug?

There must be a way to get around this without replacing the whole valve assembly.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.