DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Move Diverter Valve from Handle to Spout

5017 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  AllanJ
My current single handle tub/shower faucet has the diverter located below the handle, through the back plate.

The new trim kit I'd like to buy has the diverter in the spout.

Can I set the diverter position to the tub, remove the existing knob and plug the hole with a brass threaded plug?

There must be a way to get around this without replacing the whole valve assembly.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
Keep using the diverter in the valve. You can still use the spout with its own diverter.. If you don't touch the spout diverter it will (should) remain in the tub spout position but the diverter up in the valve will govern the flow..

FYI: For some valves, if you set set their diverter to the tub position then a diverter in the spout will govern fully, for other valves pulling the tub diverter will stop the flow completely.
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.