DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Usually Confused
6,489 Posts
So did I ! The last thing I need to is have them more efficient.

But you're right. Dust, oil from skin, food residue, etc. can accumulate and gum things up.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
When I worked at the public school I saw the tech people cleaning keyboards in a sink, running water over them and washing them. They said it didn't hurt the keyboards. Lots of nasty toe jam comes out from between the keys.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don’t think that I’ve ever cleaned an optical mouse (introduced about 20 years ago). Are you referring to the old style mouse that had a ball that rolled around inside the mouse as the mouse was moved? Those things definitely needed cleaning. What a pain they were.

Chris

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
My wireless mouse has no moving parts. So how do you clean that? You don't.

·
Registered
418 Posts
LOL, wonder were they got there training from, in IT now 15 years and a telco engineer for about 20, never done that, spent more days than I care to remember in draining pop, tea, coffee from keyboards, but never introducing liquids of any kind...

Water from the tap as you know has mineral deposits so good luck with doing that, did they carry hammers around with them as well LOLOL

:vs_laugh::vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

When I worked at the public school I saw the tech people cleaning keyboards in a sink, running water over them and washing them. They said it didn't hurt the keyboards. Lots of nasty toe jam comes out from between the keys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts