DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I believe my question is simple but the solution is challenging. I am at the final stretch of a dishwasher install and need to mount it. Using the brackets and how far the dishwasher can be pushed in, I can't see how I would side mount. Now I would like to top mount it(ideal) but the gap from the mount to the quart countertop is big. I see now way or no wood to mount to. See the pic. Can mounts be curved at 90 degrees so that i can screw into the front of the wood rather then to the top? Does anyone have a good idea? Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nealtw, thanks for the reply. Can you help me a bit more when you say to bend them back a bit more. My dishwasher does not sit flush with any boards to side mount. On the right, i have a wood trim but if i screw into that, visibly it would make the cabinet look awful. On the opposite side, I would have to maneuver the screw to grasp the side board. I am disappointed that this has become this challenging. I feel the builder didn't build this correctly but don't have any comparisons. All videos i watch have 2 boards, one on each side, that can be mounted to or the top. On my layout i can't mount on the top(unless i add a trim) and on the side I have a weird configuration that i would be lucky to get it held by one screw.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Side mount should be attached thru a hole in the side of the dishwasher frame where the door closes. There might be a knockout. The screw goes into the side of the trim/cabinet frame so you won't see it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks djlandkpl. Perhaps a picture will say more because I can't see how I will side mount it. See the attached for the one side that may not work. I feel the other side will give me problems as well but will focus on one. In the images you will see that when the dishwasher is pushed in, the mounts miss the wood to be screwed into leaving me thinking how I can secure it. Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Can you take a close up of the area I circled in red and some photos further back showing the whole area? What's the model number?

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Install a wood spanner with wood glue and nails to the particle board(paint if necessary to conceal. ) remove dishwasher rubber flange/gasket if necessary to gain access to the bracket/mount.
Screw bracket into new spanner

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Does the manual have side mounting instructions? Can you take some pictures further back to get perspective of the dishwasher and the cabinets.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will take more pics when I get home. The manual discusses mounting(side a d top)to which I have been trying to follow with no luck because the dishwasher does not go back far enough to connect with any of the wood on the side and the gap from the mounting brackets to any top wood is big(so I don't see this being possible). Like I mentioned earlier, ideally I would like to top mount that way I don't ruin any of the wood while trying to side mount(assuming I can hit wood). The challenge however is that to top mount would mean that I am close to or near something to screw into. The only thing I see possible, hence why I am reaching out on this forum for perhaps other ideas, is to glue a stretch of wood across the top, just under the quartz counter top, so as to try and allow the top mounts to connect. Again have a look the pic for reference if my idea makes sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
If you use the side mount, you are putting a screw hole into the wood. I don't think I would call that ruining it. You should have a piece of rubber trim that will hide the side clip.

On my Bosch, instructions say to break off the front portion of the clip when using the side mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks SPS 1. Yes, my manual also tells me to break off the clips. However, if you look at my earlier pics in thread you will see that the holes on the mounting brackets do not line up with the wood that I would be screwing into(side mount wood in this case). Therefore, even if I attempted this I wouldn't be able to screw.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
How deep is the opening in your cabinets? Bosch requires a minimum 24" depth, measured from the front face of the cabinets. Do you have less than that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts