DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet some will have never heard of these. I didn't until last night. You dry stack them then fill the cores. For those who have heard of them, where do I find them? There is a few manufacturers I found but no distributor info. In Australia they are sold under the versaloc brand name, not to be mistaken for versa-lok retaining walls. EZ-bloc is one I found and then there was another that had a minimum 15k block order. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
In the USA you can purchase the Standard CMU size as selected there is no set amount for purchase.
You can look @ Drystack CMU wall which uses a surface bonding mortar & cores can be filled.
Than there are some others on the market that use wood fiber & cement I worked with the manufacturer of NotBlock which I believe has been sold.
You also should look into the ICF some of these now use ACF (aerated concrete forms )

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah as I searched more I guess these are more common than I thought. Reason I was looking as I'm building a stand for a wood fire oven and the company that sells the oven is from Australia. They show building the stand with these quick stack blocks and then they fill them up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.