DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Old" Newbie
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a house in Maine that I have to leave unattended for weeks at a time during the winter.
I wonder if there are systems/equipment, etc. to allow us to monitor household temperature from off site? Something through our cable or electrical systems.
We have people checking the house twice a week, but worry that if we lost heat shortly after one "check-up" we could have frozen pipes before the next.

Thanks,
Robert Crosby

·
Registered
37,178 Posts
Lot of companys make them. Depending on which system you buy some can monitor, temp. water leaks, smoke, or gas leaks.
If it sinces trouble it will cal several phone numbers you can program.
Try Googling remote fire alarm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out Nest thermostats. Beyond that, Control4 can email you with event status( temp extremes). You could also monitor temps through 4-sight. That said, Control4 needs a stable broadband connection, and the Nest requires WiFi. Lots of ways to tackle this. None of them cheap, many of them into 5 figures.

·
"Old" Newbie
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Monitoring House Temps

Joe, Missouri and JPL,
Thanks for the leads. Have followed all and am in the process of checking them out. There-in lies the answer I'm sure.
Greatly appreciate the prompt and helpful responses.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Joe, Missouri and JPL,
Thanks for the leads. Have followed all and am in the process of checking them out. There-in lies the answer I'm sure.
Greatly appreciate the prompt and helpful responses.
:thumbup:
You are very welcome...glad to be able to help.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts