DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I noticed some water on the sink on the wood. It was right below the pullout hose.
I turned on the water and noticed water dripping down the hose.

I pulled the hose out and checked the connection at the wand (attached pic - pull out 1) and did not see any water leaking.

I then checked the pull out under the sink above and below the quick connector (attached pic - quick connect adapter). Water was dripping down the pullout hose below the quick connect adapter. I kind of moved it and inserted / tightened it and it seems to be ok for now.

Could the cause of this be from moving the faucet body base, where the pullout hose come out, left and right?

Would I need a need a new quick connect adapter or pullout hose?

I assume also we should not be pivoting the faucet body base left and right too much?

thanks

Attachments

· Super Moderator
8,658 Posts
I would just keep an eye on it for now. Looks fine to me.

Maybe the water is coming from the base then dripping on the hose to make it look like it's coming from the quick disconnect. idk. just a thought.

The pic from underneath shows a lot of wetness around base.

If it seems to be getting worse, also check the rubber seal/tightness from base of faucet to countertop.

· Registered
2,372 Posts
Next time you use the pull out, take note of the spray head when you put it back. Some continue to bleed a little after use. Could be the water traveling down the hose.

Keep in mind, Moen has a life time guarantee. If you need parts, call them and they will send them to you for free.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will have to check. i readjusted the quick connect and did nor see ant water leaking
however, i removed the hose today and now see water on the cabinet floor,,

i will try pulling out the hose and use the spray, then push it back in and pull it out a small amount see if water is leaking there

how would i get replacement parts free? this was installed 6 yrs ago by a plumber and did not leave any info except the bill and manual

thanks

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled out hose and used the spray nozzle then put it back, and then checked and no water around the spray head.

The water does appear to be coming from below the quick connect. I
pushed the hose up into the base of the quick connect and it moved about 1/8 to 1/4 up and turned on the water and see no water running down the hose

The hose seems to drop down 1/8 from the quick connect after using the water for a few days..

How would i get replacement parts free? This was installed 6 yrs ago by a plumber and did not leave any info except the bill and the manual.

thanks

· Registered
2,372 Posts
Just call customer service a Moen, Tell them what you have, what the issue is , and they will send you the parts.
Super easy. They have great customer support

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.