DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question - I have an entertainment with doors that swing up. I want to put the door handle on the middle of each of the 4 doors. My husband says that it needs to be mounted almost at the bottom, or it will be impossible to open. With the hinges that we installed, they are very light and springy, so I don't think this will be a problem. See the pictures. Anyone have any opinions one way or another?

I haven't mounted the last door, and there won't be anything on top of the entertainment center once it's done.

Cabinets are IKEA Sektion cabinets with Ringhult gloss doors, and the door pull is the Edgecliff pull in Satin Copper 11" from Schoolhouseelectric.com. Total length of the unit is 10 feet.

Thank you!
Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
11,081 Posts
The further away from the pivot point you mount the handle, the more load that is put on the spring.

But since you seem to already have the handle, just tape it to the door and try it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.