DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm Jaclyn. Working on converting an old ford econoline into a comfortable living space. Looking forward to meeting more experienced people.

·
Remodel and New Build GC
9,927 Posts
Wow.....You take me back to my early 20's....when I jumped in a makeshift RV econoline van (with my girlfriend...now wife...and Maggi our black lab) touring the country and going thru mexico for 3 months etc.

Unfortuneately, I will not be a wealth of information to you in regard to making an econoline into a "COMFORTABLE" RV

But it sounds like a great project....about all we did was carpeting and a raised bed in back where we could stash stoves and clothes and dogfood underneath.

Good going

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow.....You take me back to my early 20's....when I jumped in a makeshift RV econoline van (with my girlfriend...now wife...and Maggi our black lab) touring the country and going thru mexico for 3 months etc.

Unfortuneately, I will not be a wealth of information to you in regard to making an econoline into a "COMFORTABLE" RV

But it sounds like a great project....about all we did was carpeting and a raised bed in back where we could stash stoves and clothes and dogfood underneath.

Good going
Pretty much what I'm planning on doing, except with some solar power and a cellular modem.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Some solar power for lights/cell phone charging is one thing. Expecting it to heat water/heat the vehicle is another.

It’s going to take a lot more solar than you are thinking. It’s also going to take a number of big heavy batteries and I’m not sure you will have enough room outside of the “living space”. You don’t really want lead acid changing/discharging inside.

You might be able to do something like a tesla powerwall, but that has a pretty hefty price tag. You might want to consider propane for your heating needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts