DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have never seen a height requirement specific to a basement. The common practice is to simply make them as high or higher than the ones in the rest of the house. Most codes deal with distance from each other, like you mentioned

·
Beer Advocate
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have never seen a height requirement specific to a basement. The common practice is to simply make them as high or higher than the ones in the rest of the house. Most codes deal with distance from each other, like you mentioned
Thats what I was thinking. My father was dumbfounded when I told him I didnt see a code for height. So I wanted to double check with you guys! And I was going to copy the rest of the house anyways but just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing!

Thanks

·
Licensed Electrical Cont.
7,829 Posts
Well Sky if you knew me you'd know I was always either cranky or cantankerous. I've been banned from worse boards than this for such an immoral attitude.

I just laugh when in today's world guy are still using "hammer height". Either you work alone, or buy all your guys all the same hammer, or just don't care if all the receptacles are exactly the same.

Put it this way, I bought a rotary laser just to make sure the receptacles in big kitchens are EXACTLY the same. :thumbsup:

·
Licensed Electrical Cont.
7,829 Posts
.....you do what you have to do.
Yup. Especially when the :censored: architect specs the receptacles horizontal in a 4" stone backsplash, in a 300+ sq/ft kitchen, in an old farm house, where NOTHING is level.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.