DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
I put my mini up a bit high and centered in the room, facing the bed. I find the constant fan blowing on the bed annoying and would not do that again, too late now! While centered is ideal, I would put it off to the side of room.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I would not recommend either.
The indoor head will be discharging air in the 50° range during cooling operation. And over 100° during heating. Do you really want that blowing on you while you sleep?
You’d have been better off with a ducted air handler or ceiling cassette.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It seems like you have this unit (one ton for one bedroom) and want to make it work. As others have pointed out, there can be problems associated with this installation.

I am installing a 12k mini split in my bedroom, the wife doesn’t want it in the middle of the wall. Is it ok to mount in a corner? Thanks
Yes.

Beside the window in this corner.
Yes. You won’t notice the appearance after 3 weeks!

Its either there or centered above the bed where the big picture is, those are the only 2 outside walls. can do a ducted unit as I have already bought this one.
No. Unless you bought a unit set up for ducting.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
What type of unit is this? And what are the modulation capabilities?
The thing about oversizing equipment is humidity becomes a big issue. And minis like growing fungus in them when moisture in the space is a problem.
Then if it’s mounted over your bed, you either get to move the bed or drop nasty slime on it while your cleaning it.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I believe you’ve selected the wrong unit for your application.
The unit is likely way oversized for the load, meaning it will not adequately remove humidity. Space conditions could be cold and wet, meaning the indoor unit will quickly grow fungus and mildew inside of it. It’s also going to have to be installed in a difficult location.
Are you aware that lineset is not precharged and will require additional leak checking and evacuation procedures? Which is good because the precharged linesets tend to leak easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.