DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! So I think I have figured out where to place all my lines and I'm trying to fully understand how the condensation pump is supposed to be placed. I'm not finding much clarity, but I'm not always good at phrasing the question right for google.

All the videos/ show the condensate pump pretty close to the inside head unit, generally with the tank inside the head. Does the pump need to be at the highest point the drain line hits?

If the drain line goes up to the pump then goes higher before it starts angling down, isn't that going to be a problem? The pumps connect to the head to get power, and I'm guessing the line is not like 10 ft long (which is about how far from the head the drain line would be at it's highest point).

I'm in Tucson, AZ, if that matters. I worry about water staying in the line and it getting clogged. It's slightly possible that with our dry air the water in the line would evaporate, so maybe I don't need to worry too much??

I start to feel confidant about doing this install, then I come up against these detail questions that make me start to doubt again. I will be having a licensed HVAC technician come to do the final connections to the compressor. I would like to save some money on labor by having all the heads installed and the lines run.

Thank you all for the support!

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
Mini split drains are VERY sensitive to slope. They are notorious for getting clogged or air locked if you're not careful. Make sure that you have no areas that will produce a trap. The higher the slope the better, but at a min follow the instructions with your mini split.

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts