DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my frigidaire dishwasher, (turned out to be a real pain, and only 5 years old)

I have researched the miele brand, and seem to be impressed with the quality of the product.

Does anyone have any opinions about the miele dishwasher?

Thanks....

·
Custom Cabinet Maker
1,097 Posts
Ya want me to check with my supplier and get their opinion? First thing I know very expensive, second only heard this, poor reliability needs more repairs than a whole bunch of "cheaper" brands.
I will ask my supplier for ya.
"who luvs ya baby?" LOL

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya want me to check with my supplier and get their opinion? First thing I know very expensive, second only heard this, poor reliability needs more repairs than a whole bunch of "cheaper" brands.
I will ask my supplier for ya.
"who luvs ya baby?" LOL
Hey Jackie baby,,,,,

I know they are expensive, but I think it may be a better quality. It also has 2 year warranty.

I am interested in the starter model, called the inspira

·
Registered
150 Posts
i know you are asking about the miele, but i'll throw in a vote for the fisher 2 drawer model. we have had for about 2-1/2 years so far and love it. nice being able to do small loads and not feel guilty. or do two loads at once, on two different cycles. not cheap though

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, have not covered my posts.

I have been looking into a paint type product that you roll or paint on, that would give me a stucco looking finish.

I think at this point it probably is the easiest thing for me to do.

(I'm approaching the 1 1/2 year mark since starting this project, and I am sort of looking forward to finishing it.)

Thanks Jackie, you handsome devil you. :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just looked up the fisher model and it looks really nice.

Where are they made?
(from their website)
The company has manufacturing sites located in Auckland and Dunedin, New Zealand; Cleveland, Australia; Huntington Beach, California; Clyde, Ohio, USA and Italy.

I will have to look to see where mine was made, i honestly don't know. Had to call their customer service line once, they were wonderful on the phone, i think i spoke to australia office

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
terri and jj

I asked today at an appliance retailer where they were made and they said New Zealand, and actually saw the dishwasher, drawer type, and it is really nice.

Expensive. I think I may go with the entry level miele, which is a little less expensive, and from what I hear a very good dishwasher.

I am going to aspire for the fisher next.

Thanks for your suggestion and help.

(Really love the drawer idea).

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm late but maybe can add to future questions. Our Miele dishwasher that came with the house 8 years ago is working fine, never had a problem. Well, except on the first day, when we wondered where the silverware holder was :)

I cannot say anything nice about their range hood or microwave oven though, POS!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hope my answer is still useful. Miele's electrical appliances are of good quality and have a long service life. My friend has used them for more than five years without any life problems.Overall, the cost performance is ok.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts