DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is Microsoft foxpro and why do I need it to install office 2003 on windows 10?

·
Big Dog
3,070 Posts
Microsoft Visual FoxPro database development system is a powerful tool for quickly creating high-performance desktop, rich client, distributed client, client/server, and Web database applications.

What are you trying to do that makes you think you need to install it?

·
Super Moderator
21,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to install MS Office 2003 on windows 10. I am getting an error message that says I need to install it.

·
Super Moderator
21,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like I don't need it. I had the option to ignore the error and I did. Office appears to have installed. However it did not ask for the Office key. Maybe it is part of the protection that I don't need.

·
Big Dog
3,070 Posts
It looks like I don't need it. I had the option to ignore the error and I did. Office appears to have installed. However it did not ask for the Office key. Maybe it is part of the protection that I don't need.
You are probably still in the "trial" period. It will probably start prompting for the key 30-days following the installation of the app.

If you do not have the key, it is unlikely Microsoft will be much help as phone activation is no longer supported.

·
Big Dog
3,070 Posts
@joed,
You might want to consider using a newer version of MS Office.
The end of life date for Office 2003 was April 14, 2009.
I figured they were still using '03 version due to cost considerations.

·
Super Moderator
21,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Deja-vue I own this version. No way I am paying an annual subscription for the current version.
I clicked ignore and it seems to have installed. It seems to be working for the little stuff I use.
@Drachenfire I do have the key but for some reason it never asked for it on install.

·
Challenge Everything!
463 Posts
@Deja-vue I own this version. No way I am paying an annual subscription for the current version.
I clicked ignore and it seems to have installed. It seems to be working for the little stuff I use.
@Drachenfire I do have the key but for some reason it never asked for it on install.
No need for any subscription. Office 2013 or 2016 can still be had for a one time charge, usually $159 or the like.
You were referring to Office 365, right?

·
Super Moderator
21,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I installed win 10 it installed some sort of office which I deleted. I am happy with the version I have. It does just fine for the minimal use I have for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts