DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My house is approximately 35 years old. It has sheet vinyl flooring in both bathrooms, with a thin metal molding along the bathtub to hold down the sheet vinyl. The part of the molding that shows is a 1/4"x 1/4" quarter round. A nailing flange is attached to the molding and the sheet vinyl goes over the flange and under the molding. The molding looks good and has held up very well over the years.

I am in the process of remodeling my mother's two bathrooms, including installing new sheet vinyl flooring. Most of what I read indicates the sheet vinyl should just be glued down and caulked at the bathtub, but I would prefer the thin metal molding for both appearance and to keep the sheet vinyl from curling up. Does anybody know exactly what this molding is called and where I can find it? I've checked on-line and at all the local flooring stores.

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,093 Posts
Haven't seen any of that for years. There is a clear vinyl piece that is L-shaped that you can stick on the edge of the tub to cover it. It is peel and stick.

·
Tileguy
6,050 Posts

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,093 Posts
That would probably work Jaz, there was a metal used for vinyl edges many years ago, but I haven't seen it for a long time.

·
Registered
37,178 Posts
If I get stuck doing one I've been using vinyl cove moulding set in a bed of silicone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts